A little story and some pics
" And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:19
All I've got to say is "AMEN TO THAT!" I'm always, always, always suprised at the Lord's provision for me, no matter how many times he 'proves' He's there. Stubborn heart? I think so.
Guess what He did this time? Some how, some way, he provided over nearly 10G for us to pay for our new roof. Our roof had been leaking since we bought the house (badly). We had large trash cans in the attic that we had to dump often. We had put it off because we didn't have the money. When finally, we just had to bite the bullet and get a new roof before it caved in on us. We had to humbly ask family to help us out. Then, slowly, money started showing up! First it was our tax return.. having a baby is helpful apparently! Then it was the economic stimulus checks. Then we realized we had some money in old retirement and life insurance accounts that we didn't use anymore. Then we got some inheritance money. And I had saved some before I left my 'good' job for emergencies. Blew me away. If that is not an affirmation that God wants us right here in this house... then I don't know what is. In the past two years, this house has caused us quite a big headache with bad plumbing, roof and other things.. and we somehow, someway by the grace of God have never had to go into debt because of it. He's blessed us with friends and family that offer their resources and advice, He's blessed us with flat out monetary blessings, He's blessed us with good teaching on how to make the most of home improvements, etc. etc.
But even in all that, I was throwing a little fit the other day when prostitutes were hanging out on our corner for the 3 days straight. The cops never came. And I said to Jay "I changed my mind. I don't want to be here. What are we even here for, nothing changes." Then, 30 seconds later (NOT EXAGGERATING), there was a knock at the door and two girls from down the street who are visiting their "mimi" came to bring me and Jay pictures they had made for us. They also stayed to play Dora Explorer Candy Land with me. Jay and I laughed out loud! I asked the question "why are we here?" and God sends me two little angels (one whose name is actually Angel!)
He is there, ya'll! He doesn't always answer immediately, but when He does.. you better sit down and listen. He is good!
All I've got to say is "AMEN TO THAT!" I'm always, always, always suprised at the Lord's provision for me, no matter how many times he 'proves' He's there. Stubborn heart? I think so.
Guess what He did this time? Some how, some way, he provided over nearly 10G for us to pay for our new roof. Our roof had been leaking since we bought the house (badly). We had large trash cans in the attic that we had to dump often. We had put it off because we didn't have the money. When finally, we just had to bite the bullet and get a new roof before it caved in on us. We had to humbly ask family to help us out. Then, slowly, money started showing up! First it was our tax return.. having a baby is helpful apparently! Then it was the economic stimulus checks. Then we realized we had some money in old retirement and life insurance accounts that we didn't use anymore. Then we got some inheritance money. And I had saved some before I left my 'good' job for emergencies. Blew me away. If that is not an affirmation that God wants us right here in this house... then I don't know what is. In the past two years, this house has caused us quite a big headache with bad plumbing, roof and other things.. and we somehow, someway by the grace of God have never had to go into debt because of it. He's blessed us with friends and family that offer their resources and advice, He's blessed us with flat out monetary blessings, He's blessed us with good teaching on how to make the most of home improvements, etc. etc.
But even in all that, I was throwing a little fit the other day when prostitutes were hanging out on our corner for the 3 days straight. The cops never came. And I said to Jay "I changed my mind. I don't want to be here. What are we even here for, nothing changes." Then, 30 seconds later (NOT EXAGGERATING), there was a knock at the door and two girls from down the street who are visiting their "mimi" came to bring me and Jay pictures they had made for us. They also stayed to play Dora Explorer Candy Land with me. Jay and I laughed out loud! I asked the question "why are we here?" and God sends me two little angels (one whose name is actually Angel!)
He is there, ya'll! He doesn't always answer immediately, but when He does.. you better sit down and listen. He is good!

3 Comments:
Great encouragement! Miss you all, be home soon!
Sarah
11:18 AM
I love this story! It is so amazing that he uses all our different lives and stories to encourage each other on in His service and His ways!
10:20 AM
That is so awesome Lindsay!! Very very awesome!! And i LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics!!! she is a doll baby!!
7:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home