Friday, March 31, 2006

Floating Ducks

We are the home of floating ducks
Leaks and a pond, it really sucks
I write this poem just to say
I hope we don't float away

Roof has been 'fixed' at least 5 times
But we've counted leak number nine!
Through the window the rain does fall
Drip Drip Drip down through the wall

Mildew smells, unplug the cords
Our backyard could use a diving board
I have to laugh, or else I'll cry
Oh Look another swan swam by

We've called the ones who can help we think
Did they and the seller just share a wink?
Trusting no one, on our own we are
Just God, and maybe a good law-yar!


Make sure you bring your swimmies if you come visit!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Curl said...

does this include the fix that the "nice" roof guy recommended, the one that he said would cost about 400 or more. Maybe its time to get it fixed, permanently, rather than just patch. Everytime it rains, I think of your roof.
Maybe its lawyer time! Love ya,

8:05 AM

 
Blogger The Curl said...

does this include the fix that the "nice" roof guy recommended, the one that he said would cost about 400 or more. Maybe its time to get it fixed, permanently, rather than just patch. Everytime it rains, I think of your roof.
Maybe its lawyer time! Love ya,

9:33 AM

 
Blogger L. Eubanks said...

the 'nice' guy is coming to fix the roof monday. no one has fixed it since we bought it... just looked at.

11:50 AM

 
Blogger Gloria said...

Linney - great poetry but really sad that you have to go through this. When the roof guy comes, have him check out the gutters. If it's dripping through the window there might be a clogged gutter somewhere.
You might be better off with that Lawyer and a new roof all-together.

Call Charla Young the WAVE3 troubleshooter.

2:36 PM

 
Blogger A Flowered Purse said...

aw linney, that makes me so sad for you guys :(
Hope it gets fixed soon
Love
dianna

5:11 PM

 
Blogger Lorie said...

I'm encouraged to see you're keeping your sense of humor. That's half the battle, I guess...bless your hearts. That's a good idea about the TroubleShooter, though! You should look into that!

And you are totally a poet and I did NOT know it. :)

1:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home